On 3/28/07, Damien Lecan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How this will be done ?
> At first by putting an innocuous plugin in the lifecycle, or in 2.1
> with extensions in Plexus it will be an extension to the JAR plugin
> that populates manifest information.

It would be great if that could be available in 2.0.x version of
Maven. We are too far from 2.1 version.

> > Will it be active by default ?
> If we decide that it's non-invasive and doesn't significantly
> increase the time of anyone's builds then I see so harm.

Ok I understand, but you didn't answer my (not clear) question : if
OSGi packaging is fast enough, will OSGi manifest entries be
transparently added to every maven-build jars ?

Or will it be an OSGi developer option, that will never be known and
used by other common people ?

IMHO this should depend on the type of the artifact i.e. the OSGI
bundles should be recognizable as such in the way we recognize EJB's
or WAR files.

This will provide a clear way to determine whether an artifact needs
OSGI specific headers or not.

best regards,
 Kaloyan

Thanks