Yes! Please! Oh god, yes....

John Casey wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to call a vote to release a beta version of the new assembly
plugin. There are still some outstanding issues (though not as many as jira
would have you believe; they just need tests), but I think we're at around
95-99% backward compatibility and the new features seem to be working well.
It's been just sitting in SVN for quite awhile now, and many people are
using it directly from there. I'd like to provide better support for those
people, and start getting more feedback on exactly what's still broken.

The change list is pretty large, but is mainly concerned with refactoring
the plugin away from the old monolithic approach to one that uses phases to
handle the different descriptor sections, along with common task classes to
handle behavior shared between phases.

Road Map:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=12617

Tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-1

Staging repository:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo

Also, since this is just a beta, and there are some folks out there waiting
on this release to release some of their own components, I'd like to make
this a shorter vote; say, of around 24-36 hrs max. Regardless of whether we
agree to do this in short order, I would like to get this release out on
this vote, so don't let the timing affect your +1...if people complain, I'll
just let it sit for the standard 72h.

So, let's try for 24hrs. Please vote +1/+0/-1.

Here's my +1.

-john

--
Richard van der Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Telephony Gateways Project Manager