On 29/03/2007, at 7:47 AM, John Casey wrote:

I can't say that I care much one way or another, when it comes to moving all doco from the codehaus wiki to cwiki or leaving it as-is...provided the conversion is 100% successful, and cwiki is stable. The stability point is a concern for me, since I've seen some pretty ugly messes with ASF infra in
the past.

I asked David Blevins and from a technical perspective he recommends using cwiki. He has found it to be sufficiently stable and the volunteers responsive.

Of bigger concern to me is the fact that the MAVEN space is such a mess...

When we get to that point, I'd be happy to organise and document a structure for it. It's not actually as messy as it looks.

One thing that is interesting is that wiki content wouldn't be affected by confluence outages, since it's exported to the static pages...and I'm not sure it's a great idea to have something like setup that between ASF and
codehaus...it's only adding moving parts that can fail.

Agreed.

Is there a reason I should get fired up about either outcome?

Because you're fired up about documentation? :)

I think everyone agreed the cookbook idea was a good one before, I think this is a concrete step towards making it happen.

Anyone else with 2 cents to spare?

- Brett