On 2 Apr 07, at 12:43 PM 2 Apr 07, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

that would be the same case as snapshots, and they are there too

No, they aren't. People are not expected to build against the staging repositories. They do that with the snapshot repository, snapshots are still generally consumable by average users.

Jason.

On 4/2/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1 Apr 07, at 8:43 PM 1 Apr 07, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> It'd be better somewhere under http://people.apache.org/repo/

Why? The intention is for the developers and interested parties and
not attract average users. I don't think putting it with our regular
repositories would be good.

Jason.

> On 4/1/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>> Does the stage-plugin delete the staging repo after successfully
>> copying it?
>>
>> - Brett
>>
>> On 02/04/2007, at 3:01 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I wanted to setup a common base directory for staging releases so
>> > that each person doesn't have to change their setting each time
>> > they stage, or use a -D parameter. I would just like to have a
>> > commons base directory and then use information about the project
>> > to construct the staging repository. How about:
>> >
>> > http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/${project}/
>> >
>> > Then other projects can do the same, so ours would be:
>> >
>> > http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/maven/
>> >
>> > And then we can just use something like this for each staging repo:
>> >
>> > http://people.apache.org/staging-repositories/maven/$ {artifactId}-$
>> > {version}
>> >
>> > Once we figure this out then we can change the profile accordingly
>> > so that the staging just works with little or no configuration
>> > mucking.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Jason.

> --