On 4/3/07, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd really like to see the logging output in Maven have some finer
controls.  *most* of the time I just want debugging information from
my plugins, including a brief overview of the artifact they came
from, the arguments to the mojo and then the mojos log.debug() output.

From what I've been able to infer from reading a bit of Maven source,
the Plexus container should be able to have its LoggerManager replaced
with, say a Log4j / SLF4J LoggerManager, enabling full control of
logging destinations, levels, and filtering for each separate plugin /
component.

So what does it take to change the LoggerManager, for instance via a
plugin or other bits in the POM?

Asgeir