might as well just use this thread...

I have continuum 1.1 alpha 1 staged now...but I have one concern about
calling a vote on this and making it official...

Its kinda big (16M war, 25M plexus app) and I still don't really feel
comfortable releasing something like continuum as an alpha into the
main repositories.

its currently staged at:

http://people.apache.org/~jmcconnell/continuum

What do you guys think? just call a vote on it and get it pushed into
the wild or can we just do the alpha's like this through the staging
setup?

jesse

On 3/30/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 31/03/2007, at 6:50 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I'm ok for a timestamped version, but we can release the release
> manager too, without the plugin because it isn't ready and I want
> the new Maven-SCM in it.

We're not set up to have snapshots in place permanently, so I don't
think we should use a timestamped one.

I'd agree with releasing just the shared release component.

> The pb is that release-manager use maven-scm 1.0-SNAPSHOT, we can
> use 1.0-beta-4 because the release manager doesn't use new code of
> maven-scm but we won't have maven-scm fixes. Or we can use a
> timestamped version of Maven-SCM too. If we choose the timestamped
> version of Maven-SCM, Continuum need to use it.

I think we could cut another beta of Maven SCM now with the recent
fixes before you push towards 1.0 as discussed on that list.

Cheers,
Brett

--
jesse mcconnell