Jason van Zyl wrote:

On 23 Apr 07, at 5:40 PM 23 Apr 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

I thought that I'd give this plugin a workout, but I ran into a couple of things that has prevented me from testing it completely.

1. The tests seem to require that there's an scp-server available on localhost. That's not the case on Windows, so no joy running the tests for me.

Sorry, standard fair on OS/X and Linux. You get to install Cywin, as there aren't any free Java SSH servers.

Naah, I'll just use maven.test.skip=true. We might want to document this later on, in case somebody wants to build it themselves.

2. After installing it, skipping the tests, I am not able to authenticate properly to the target repo. How do I supply a different username to the plugin?

Let me see if I can make it easy. All the information is in the settings.xml files and I know where you want to deploy it as that's in the POM. I'll just try to make it use the info that's normally used for deployments. It's the way it should work anyway. I can deploy it if you point me at it for now if you like.

No hurry on my part. It's the release of maven-stylus-skin that is going out. But that doesn't really need to happen until the next doxia release goes out. Since it's such a small release I thought it would be a good candidate to test the stage-plugin with. I'll hold that release for a while, if you think that you have time to look into this issue in the near future.

Jason.

I tried using "-Dusername=dennisl" but no luck. I get this error message:
  "Embedded error: Cannot connect. Reason: Auth fail"

I guess this is a wagon thing.

Jason van Zyl wrote:
Hi,
I just copied the staged repo for the clover plugin over and I used the following: mvn stage:copy -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/~vmassol/maven-staging"; -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository" -Dversion=2.4 Just for the folks who are going to try and copy staged repositories in the next little while. I'll get it to figure out the version automatically but this seems to be working well. Is fairly atomic, it simply copies only merging the metadata, it doesn't do a redeploy.
Thanks,
Jason.

Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg