On 5/1/07, Hervé BOUTEMY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le mardi 1 mai 2007, Jerome Lacoste a écrit :
> Maybe there could be an easy way to let users use the latest ? maybe
> something like
>   mvn -L  ...  ( L for latest)
> that would ignore all specified versions, without requiring a POM
> change ? Maybe too radical.
such a LATEST option would be very usefull, not only for plugins but for every
dependencies, to do regression testing against latest development version of
everything. It would be like if Gump was integrated into Maven:
http://gump.apache.org/

I think we would need to differentiate plugin latest from dependencies latest.

This LATEST thing is already in jira: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2431
And I think it would be very useful, both for plugins and for 'normal
dependencies'.

Regards,
Tomek