Stefano,

This is kind of frustrating.   The current bundle format is the format
that the incubator folks (which Cliff is one of) pushed a bunch of
projects into using about 6 months ago.   MANY projects have been
released using this format in the past few months.    Several in the
last couple weeks in fact.

I guess my thought at this point is to hand the two templates to Cliff
and have him fix them.  I'm pretty sick of dealing with the ever
changing requirements from them.   If we can get them to sign off on
exact templates, then we'll create a new bundle with those.   They need
to get their act together, get the requirements nailed down and
documented, then we can actual implement it.

Dan

On Friday 04 May 2007 14:46, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a PMC member of the Apache JAMES project.
>
> Few months ago we worked together with Cliff Schmidt on
> Legal/licensing issues and our JAMES Server product and the result was
> that we had to add this text in the bottom of our *LICENSE* file:

>    THIS PRODUCT ALSO INCLUDES THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE REDISTRIBUTED UNDER
>    THE FOLLOWING LICENSES:
>
>    Concurrent, Public Domain (see lib/concurrent.LICENSE)
>
>    BouncyCastle, MIT License (see lib/BouncyCastle.LICENSE)
>      http://www.bouncycastle.org/licence.html
>
>    DnsJava, BSD License (see lib/dnsjava.LICENSE)
>      http://www.dnsjava.org/README
>
>    JavaBeans Activation Framework, CDDL License
>      http://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/CDDLv1.0.html
>
>    JavaMail, CDDL License
>      http://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/CDDLv1.0.html
>
>    QDox, ASL 1.1 License (see tools/lib/qdox.LICENSE)
>      http://qdox.codehaus.org/license.html
>
>    MX4J, ASL 1.1 License (see phoenix-bin/bin/lib/mx4j.LICENSE)
>
>    Spice, ASL 1.1 License (see phoenix-bin/bin/lib/spice.LICENSE)
>      http://spice.codehaus.org/license.html
>
>    Wrapper, MIT License (see phoenix-bin/bin/Wrapper.LICENSE)
>      http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/license.html
>
>    ISO-Relax, MIT License (see phoenix-bin/tools/lib/isorelax.LICENSE)
>
>    MSV, BSD License (see phoenix-bin/tools/lib/msv.LICENSE)
>
>    RelaxNG-Datatype, BSD License (see
> phoenix-bin/tools/lib/relaxngDatatype.LICENSE)
>
>    XSDLib, BSD License (see phoenix-bin/tools/lib/xsdlib.LICENSE)
>
> I see, instead, that apache-jar-resource-bundle include licenses
> informations in the NOTICE file. IIRC this is not the right place for
> LICENSEs.
>
> I know I can create our own (james-project) remote-resource and change
> the velocity scripts to put licenses in LICENSE instead of NOTICE, but
> I wanted to check this issue with you, first.
>
> Stefano

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA