I'll have to experiment with that. You don't have trouble with any
proxies? If there's no unique version, it seems like it could cause
problems somewhere downstream.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barrie Treloar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:52 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Tool to clean snapshots from the repo

On 5/17/07, Brian E. Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Heh. I fill up a 300gb disk every 3 weeks ;-)

Our app build is 800Mb each build, in the end I set top level modules
to include in the pom:

  <distributionManagement>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>inhouse_snapshot</id>
      <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>

<url>scp://NUCLEUS/usr/local/www/default/maven2_repositories/inhouse_sna
pshot</url>
    </snapshotRepository>

So that there is only every 1 snapshot per release.

You will never want to be able to pull out an older snapshot release
for a top level module (application, ear, war, etc) but you may wish
to revert to an older utility jar.

I too thought about writing a tool. However after a manual purge and
uniqueVersion=false, my disk space issues have gone away.