Hi

I am using an aggregate project such as:

-A
-B
-C

where C and B have a dependency on A
and A, B, C all use T as their parent pom.

When I run "mvn install" the projects are run in the correct order: "T, A, B, C"
and all works fine for lets say 3.3-SNAPSHOT.

When I now run "mvn release: prepare" the projects are still run in
order "T, A, B, C", but B fails to find A-3.3.

Looking at the log it seems "mvn release:prepare" runs as goals "clean, verify"
which does NOT install artifact A-3.3 in my local repository.

A compiles fine, since it only depends on T, which is found in the parent
directory.

It looks to me that the release plugin should have run "clean, install".

WORKAROUND

I managed to release by doing the following:

mvn release:prepare (fails at B, but leaves poms with version 3.3)
mvn install (installs 3.3 libraries in local repository)
mvn release:clean
svn revert -R . (resets the poms to 3.3-SNAPSHOT)
mvn release:prepare (now find 3.3 artifacts in local repository
mvn release:perform

--

But this cannot be the intended way of releasing.

Am I missing something or is there maybe a problem with the release plugin.

mvn 2.0.5 and maven-release-plugin-2.0-beta-6

Regards
Mark Donszelmann