Hi Kenney,

On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Kenney Westerhof wrote:

Mark Donszelmann wrote:
Hi Kenney,

Hi Mark,

I was using 2.1.3 for surefire. Changed it to 2.3, and still get error (slightly different):

Hi,

this is fixed later on; i think you're missing a dependency on junit.

I had it in dependencyManagement. It did work with 2.1.3 (Surefire) and mvn 2.0.5.
Moved it to dependencies, now works with surefire 2.3 and 2.0.7.

VOTE +1 (non-binding).

Regards
Mark

Let me know if this is the case. Can't be due to 2.0.7 though, unless this works in 2.0.6?

If there's no released version (2.3) that works for 2.0.7 then we need to release 2.3.1 asap.

-- Kenney
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.constructSurefireBoot er(SurefirePlugin.java:594) at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.execute (SurefirePlugin.java:391) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultPluginManager.java:443) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:334) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java: 125)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:315) at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java: 255) at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:430)

My pom (fragment):

      <plugin>
        <version>2.3</version>
        <configuration>