Hi

I am attaching artifacts to the main (jar) artifact in my plugin for maven. All works fine for versioned plugins,
but for SNAPSHOTS I see the following behavior:

1. mvn install

installs the SNAPSHOT correctly in my local repository (correctly).

2. mvn deploy

-retrieves the latest build number from the remote repository (lets say 2).
-deploys the main SNAPSHOT artifact with build number 3 (correctly).
-deploys the pom SNAPSHOT with build number 3 (correctly).
-retrieves the latest build number again (now 3, incorrectly, it should not have retrieved it). -deploys the attached SNAPSHOT artifact with build numb er 4 (should have been 3, but got confused with the previous call).

this uses mvn 2.0.6 and attaches the extra artifact with a call to

project.addAttachedArtifact(artifact);

in the "package" phase.

The standard deploy plugin and deploy goal is used.

any idea why maven looks up the latest build number twice? Did I order some calls wrongly?

Regards
Mark Donszelmann