Just another pointer to add. I've put together some wildcard filtering support for the assembly plugin, and factored it into a separate library so I could share it with the maven-repository- builder project. These wildcard-enabled filters are by no means perfect, but if you're interested in taking a look, they're in maven- common-artifact-filters under maven/shared. I put them here so we could re-release them independently of Maven, should the need arise.

-john

On Jun 15, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

Mark,
There are already a bunch of filters defined within dependency for a lot of this. None of them work for you or is it that you need to access them
from the shared component?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hobson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:46 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Adding wildcards to IncludesArtifactFilter

On 15/06/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think you have two different things here. The first visualizing the
tree removing certain aspects and this implies the resolution is
complete and you're looking at a reduction. The second is actually
changing how the resolution happened in the first place. I don't
think filtering has anything to do with visualization. The filtering
obviously affects what shows up to be viewed, but I don't think the
filter is what you want when you're looking at a dependency tree.

Sure, you wouldn't typically filter with wildcards during resolution,
although it is feasible.  The filtering during serialisation is
performed by a DependencyNodeFilter, where one of the implementations
provides a bridge to ArtifactFilter.  This allows us to reuse these
filters, hence me adding wildcard functionality to
IncludesArtifactFilter.

Mark