Hi,

As part of trying to make the whole process of making changes and adding new features transparent to everyone involved I've whipped up a little sketch for perusal:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/DevProcess.png

Basically it revolves around making sure things are documented in the Wiki and providing a clear record of the evolution of the project that anyone can follow at any point in time. So far from perfect but I think a good starting point and I would like to field feedback so I can improve it. It basically revolves around the dashboard where I've tried to collect all relevant information about the project:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Home

And process is based around making proposals that eventually will serve as the record of evolution of the project. The goal is not to have anything that's heavy, and that we might eventually be able to automate some data gathering but for the meantime it's not overly onerous and provides some visibility we have not yet had to date.

The proposals are all here:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/All+Proposals

And they basically move from draft -> pending -> approved. I've put some notes in the diagram and I figured we could start with a simple proposal to see how it works and iron the kinks as we go. This is experimental but I see it as the best way forward for getting a clear view of what's going on

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven