Hi,

(Sorry for the delay)
I agree with the dev process which will clarify our changes in the
code base and give a better visibility for our community. The new Home
page is very pleasant but we'll have to not forget to update it (as
long as we don't have something more integrated which could take
itself last releases from Jira for example, ..). It could be
effectively a good idea to use XWiki in the future.

However I have a problem with the Annotated Dev Process
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Annotated+Development+Process)
: Are you sure that it can work ? Personally I never saw a project
using branches for dev working for a long time. We'll have more or
less late some problems to merge branches if changes are important. We
had it some monthes ago on archiva. Joakim made so much changes that
it were a big headache to merge his branch in the trunk, thus we
decided to swap them. It was possible because there was few activity
in the trunk and there was only one branch. I'm not convinced about
that. The future we'll say if it is a good idea but I prefer that
everybody work on the trunk (the CI server is here to check that
there's nothing wrong) and we keep branches to maintain releases.

Another thing that your proposal isn't covering and I think is
important : releases management. I find that our community have a lot
of problems to deliver products regularly. It's now better for m2 core
but m2 without its plugins and others components is "nothing". We have
the flaw to be too perfectionist. We are often overstep the bound of
alpha, beta instead of trying to deliver regularly a new version
(whatever we changed in it). Before, with maven 1, we justified this
because we bundled a lot of plugins and we tried to improve them
before to create another release. Now it's no more the case and we
have again a lot of plugins not released regularly or always in a
beta/alpha stage. Why? It's not the release process, because it was
greatly improved in maven 2 and it requires few steps. Can we change
that ? Could we try to work within time frames instead of focusing on
the content? For example we could generate each month (less often?) a
report about which plugins/components had issues fixed. We could
release all of them (it could be difficult at the beginning because we
have a big debt).

Cheers

Arnaud