What's the status of the whole distributed build thing in Continuum? That seemed like quite a good way to get a server farm auto-building.

Christian.

On Jul 5, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

Hi Brett,

I think having the automated builds on many platforms is definitely
needed. What I was looking for is a way for a developer to jump on a
platform to try and debug an issue. It sounds like the Solaris Zone
might be what I'm looking for. Where do I find out more about getting
access?

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:02 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Platform farm

Hi Brian,

We already have a solaris zone that you can get access to (or just
check in Continuum).

We can also set ourselves up on vmbuild, which is ubuntu under vmware.

If we test under both of these, we've probably covered all platforms
(as we have a lot of windows, linux and mac folks - maybe we just
need to do a quick checklist on votes that someone has tested it on
each supported platform).

The are ASF wide resources, and there seems to be a desire to set up
an asf wide build farm, but we need properly configured software to
make it useful first. Just having the platforms available will
probably find them being underutilised - we need aggregated build
results from an automated system. One of the things we thought to try
was to get continuum-distributed integrated and in use.

If you are interested in working on this, that'd be great...

- Brett