From: Reinhard Nägele [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 12:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problems with Release plugin 2.0-beta-6

Hi,

The latest beta (2.0-beta-6) of the Release plugin caused different problems
here, so we went back to using 2.0-beta-5, which works fine.

Problem 1:

We use Java 5 including features such as generics etc. In our super pom, the
compile plugin is configured to use 1.5 source and target. However, using the
Release plugin, these setting seem to be ignored, and we get compilations
errors like these:

generics are not supported in -source 1.3 (try -source 1.5 to enable generics)

annotations are not supported in -source 1.3 (try -source 1.5 to enable
annotations) @Override

Compiling only (mvn compile) works as expected.

Problem 2:

In another project, we use custom plugins. For some reason, these plugins
cannot be resolved using the Release plugin, but work fine otherwise. Deleting
the local repository did not help. The plugins are deployed to our central
repository (Artifactory).

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

    GroupId: com.foo.plugins
    ArtifactId: maven-foo-plugin
    Version: RELEASE

    Reason: Unable to determine the release version

      com.foo.plugins:maven-foo-plugin:pom:RELEASE

As mentioned above, the problems went away going back to version 2.0-beta-5.

BTW, we create the releases using release:prepare and release:perform together
in batch mode.

Is anybody else experiencing such problems?

Reinhard