Hi Guys,

I would like to announce a new Apache licensed Maven 2 related tool called
Mavenizer:
http://mavenizer.sourceforge.net/

I've been heavily using Maven for a long time and just couldn't live without
it ;) but I often have to use third party libraries which have not been
mavenized already or simply have bad repository metadata. Either way,
mavenizing such libraries is a real pain especially when you want to get
Maven 2 transitive dependencies right.

Mavenizer attempts to ease the process of mavenizing such third party
libraries by trying to do as much guess work as possible.

A flash demo is available here, it illustrates the mavenization of
JFreeReport 0.8.7:
http://mavenizer.sourceforge.net/demos/jfreereport-0.8.7.html

This is considered alpha software. Nothing is stable yet; the code is pretty
monolithic and not pluggable at all. I plan on rewriting the code base from
the ground up in a more pluggable way so that Mavenizer can be extended with
user custom logic, naming strategies, etc ... But I wanted to release the
codebase as is as a proof of concept and why not, it could be helpful
already ;)

Any feedback on the way you use it and successful mavenizations using
Mavenizer would be really appreciated :) as well as bugs of course ^^

Kind regards,

Cédric Vidal

PS: Mavenizer is not related to Maveniser (with an 's' and also on
sourceforge), too bad the names are so close :(