Curious,

I only get 2 failures and one error (against 2.0.7 without the patch):

Results :

Failed tests:
  testit0045(org.apache.maven.integrationtests.MavenIT0045Test)
  testit0046(org.apache.maven.integrationtests.MavenIT0046Test)

Tests in error:
  testit0104(org.apache.maven.integrationtests.MavenIT0104Test)

And I get exactly the same errors and failures against 2.0.7 with the
patch.

I wonder why you are getting so many other failures Brian?
What other enviromental settings should I have or not have?

I have a mirror for central (Proximity Server that hosts Central,
Codehaus and our internal repository).
And a snapshot repository defined in our always on profile.

William