- invalid lifecycle phase (maybe same as bad CLI param, though you were talking about embedder too)
- <module> specified is not found
- POM doesn't exist for a goal that requires one
- goal not found in a plugin (probably could list the ones that are)
- parent POM missing (in both the repository + relative path)

I can't think of anything else right now - might be best to crack open intelliJ and do find usages on Exception and it's child classes within the project files :)