On 06/09/2007, at 9:18 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Doesn't seem to be, I'm going to merge these now.

Sorry, only just got around to this mail.

This will introduce a dependency on the plexus container and maven- artifact for every single plugin - is that really desirable?

No it won't introduce a dependency because they aren't going to be there. Focus on the motivation to isolate the complete runtime, the few files in the descriptor who cares about. No one is going to see them. The descriptor shouldn't be coupled to plexus or maven artifact either but I'm going to remove them.

Plugins will still only need to depend on the plugin api which has, and will continue to have, no dependencies.

Cool - if you are doing all that in one hit it totally makes sense.

- Brett
--
Brett Porter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]