aldana wrote:
hi,
i am living with severe bugs (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3252)
+ transitive resolving which not only comes from assembly plugin (as stated
in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-242) merely in maven core
transitive resolving too.

i would like to help to fix and to integrate the fixes in our current maven
installation for it is critical in our development. how do i integrate the
development from svn to my maven installation (haven't found docs about
this)?
for checking possible cleaned bugs, i first would like to build a release
from the latest development: how do i build a release (maven distribution)?
is there a script for this? i doubt a mvn deploy would do all...
if the bugs are not resolved following questions:
1) is there a developer guide, so i can look at what places the bugs occur
(in my case: transitive dependency management, snapshot download handling)
2) is it possible that i can commit bugfixes?

thanks a lot!

Hi,

the guide to building maven can be found at:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-building-m2.html

In general, it find a bug or what you see as a problem, you'd file a Jira issue, as you've correctly done, possibly with a patch containing the bugfix and (always very useful!) a test case or an integration test case proving the issue. It is then up to the committers to review the issue and apply the patch if considered appropriate.

Cheers