I like your comments but let me argue a bit ;)

- what is what makes something "stable" ? dramatic API changes can go
in 2.0, 3.0,... they don't need to go before 1.0 (if not there would
never be any 1.0 final in any project)
- if something has been out for months/years and did not change
drastically, maybe should be considered stable

- being used Maven "stable" releases for 2+ years doesn't mean it's stable?
or
- if it's not stable maybe we shouldn't be using it in stable versions of Maven?

I just think there's a history of aversion to final releases that we
should get over

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.