olivier lamy wrote:
Hi,
I have an issue :

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: rec-ap2-m2-plugins due to an error: Unsupported Protocol:
'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: http

The problem is with the packaging of the uber jar. It skipped the wagon dependencies.

jar tvf lib/maven-2.0.8-uber.jar | grep http -> should yield wagon http provider classes but they are not present.

I had fixed it and tested against the 2.0.8 tag created yesterday, but it seems to have re-appeared in the release. It may be down to the release plugin artifact resolution.

A quick workaround to get release out would be to branch off 2.0.8 tag, fix and release from it.

In the mean time, I'll investigate the release process packaging.

Cheers