OK, I'm trying to validate but I guess I have some bad config.
It looks like its attempting to retrieve the site-plugin POM from my
mirror of central and the site-plugin jar from the staging area.

----
D:\Modules\hubbub-log4j>mvn site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building hubbub-log4j
[INFO]    task-segment: [site]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for
updates from maven-staging
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for
updates from central
Downloading:
http://hubpc65:8080/artifactory/release/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-s
ite-plugin/2.0-beta-6/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-6.pom
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/staging-repository-site-plugin//org/ap
ache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-6/maven-site-plugin-2.0-be
ta-6.jar
118K downloaded
----
---- Build output snipped
----
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6:site': Unable to
find the mojo 'org.apac
he.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6:site' in the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext
[INFO]
----

Settings.xml looks like:

        <mirrors>
                <mirror>
                        <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
                        <name>Brisbane Maven Proxy for Yarris</name>

<url>http://hubpc65:8080/artifactory/release</url>
                </mirror>
        </mirrors>

        <profiles>
                <profile>
                        <id>maven-staging</id>
                        <repositories>
                                <repository>
                                        <id>maven-staging</id>
                                        <name>Maven Staging
Repository</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/staging-repository-site-plugin/</
url>
                                        <releases>
                                                <enabled>true</enabled>
                                        </releases>
                                        <snapshots>
                                                <enabled>false</enabled>
                                        </snapshots>
                                </repository>
                        </repositories>
                        <pluginRepositories>
                                <pluginRepository>
                                        <id>maven-staging</id>
                                        <name>Maven Staging
Repository</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/staging-repository-site-plugin/</
url>
                                        <releases>
                                                <enabled>true</enabled>
                                        </releases>
                                        <snapshots>
                                                <enabled>false</enabled>
                                        </snapshots>
                                </pluginRepository>
                        </pluginRepositories>
                </profile>
        <profiles>

        <activeProfiles>
                <activeProfile>maven-staging</activeProfile>
        </activeProfiles>

What do I need in settings.xml in order to retrieve the POM from the
staging area?

William