i do not think anybody want to change the repository:

 id=groupId+artifactId

Just that the artifactId may include a part of the groupId

  id=org.eclipse.core.org-eclipse-core-resources

I know now that that me have the osgi-id problem, but we have also the
grown average use factor to consider. I think we can live with long
names. In this case i see no problem stripping the "org" from the
artifactId so the id is:

 id=org.eclipse.core.eclipse-core-resources

This way we can survive till the moment where there is only an id left
and no more groupId or artifactId. Relocations can then be used for a
smooth transition.

So can we find a way to suit both sides?
- keep the tools we have running
and
- move to a unique id

Ritchie