Hi,

I want to make some modifications to the way release-plugin works. For
example I want to make some modifications to the way snapshots are
handled in the check-dependency-snapshots phase. I know I can just grab
the source code of maven-release and modify
CheckDependencySnapshotsPhase and install the plugin in the local
repository. My question is whether I can do this in a cleaner way
without modifying the source code of maven-release itself. For example
is it possible to write a new plugin where I  write a custom
CheckDependencySnapshotsPhase that extends AbstractReleasePhase and
binds it to the check-dependency-snapshots role in release-manager?  How
do I go about telling maven-release to use my new
CheckDependencySnapshotsPhase instead of the old one ?

Thanks,

Bashar