I think this vote still hasn't quite passed yet, for lack of a third PMC member...?

PMC +1: Jason Van Zyl, Vincent Siveton
Non-binding +1: Dan Fabulich, Marat Radchenko, Dan Tran, Mauro Talevi, Jerome Lacoste, Oliver Lamy

-Dan

Dan Fabulich wrote:

Hi,

Maven Surefire version 2.4 is back on the runway. A handful of bugs were fixed since the previous take, including SUREFIRE-416 (which blocked the release).

Note that I'm still unable to reproduce SUREFIRE-328, which some people claim to have seen in the wild. If you can reproduce it with the staged 2.4 Surefire, please send me a REDUCED Maven project that reproduces the problem [that is, not your entire build, if you can help it ;-)]

I also took this opportunity to make a briefer shortcut for skipping test execution without skipping test compile. You should now be able to "mvn install -DskipTests" to compile your tests without running them. (Note no need for =true.)

Hopefully folks have spent some time trying out the SNAPSHOT version or the previous take, because we expect ordinary users to get auto-upgraded to version 2.4 when we decide to release.

This version fixes numerous long-outstanding bugs, notably in TestNG support.

We solved 72 issues: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10541&styleName=Html&version=13243

There are still 30 issues left in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10541&status=1

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~dfabulich/staging-repo/

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

PS Since it's so close to the Gregorian New Year, I'm probably not going to actually deploy the release until Jan 3 at the earliest, even if the vote passes. :-)