Hi.

In our work projects, we're *constantly* being bitten by the 'first
version of a plugin used wins' problem, which seems variously
described in particular MNG JIRA items, mine in particular being
MNG-3284.

I've had a go at fixing it as it didn't seem that complicated - but -
some of the comments in the code and some of the other JIRA tickets
allude to the problem being possibly bigger than what I've looked at.
Unfortunately I can't tell if these are things that are still issues
as it dates back quite a long way.

I'd really like it if someone who's more intimate with the workings
could tell me what else would need considering - that way I could
generate some test cases and perhaps have a stab at a wider fix.

TIA,
Nigel