I'm sure there is lot's of interest for some XML "compression"

the main discution is HOW ?

AFAIK this would require some changes in Modello to generate a more flexible
XML Reader.
The schema generation would not be too complex : generate both elements and
attributes for simple types (I don't think it's possible to express
attribute XOR element in XSD).
The XML reader would then have to support both attributes and elements, with
ERROR handling when both are used.

Maybe it could also be combined with XMLWriter for converting to "classic"
POM when deploying to a repository, to ensure backward compatibility ?

Nico.