I fixed the typo (missing "The" in "The Apache Software Foundation") in the actual artifacts voted on for geronimo release. The project name is the responsibility of the project using the legal-bundle.

Its been 72 hours...
IIUC there are no objections in principle to this scheme of generating the LICENSE and NOTICE files so I'll go ahead and propose that maven adopt this as the standard recommended maven-remote- resources-plugin bundle for apache projects.

thanks
david jencks