From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:26 PM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Cc: Brian E. Fox
Subject: Re: [Proposal] mirror settings and file:// repositories

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Brian E. Fox wrote:
> What's the use case for having a repository on the local disk, but
> specifying a mirror of it somewhere else? I'm sure if this is
> happening to people, it's totally unintentional.

Well, I suppose there is a use case of having something like:

file:/net/maven/repo

in the poms which could work for properly setup Unix boxes in an
organization, but Windows folks may need to change that to some samba
exported share or mounted drive letter.

Dan

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA