Hi,

today I learned that plexus-utils is not fully shaded in the core (MNG-2898,
r522313). While I can understand the requirement to share Xpp3Dom and the
Xml* APIs, I wonder why the MX* implementation classes cannot be shaded.
These aren't part of any public method signatures shared with plugins,
aren't they?

If I don't miss an aspect, we could narrow the exclusions for the shade
plugin to
 org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.Xml*
to allow plugins to benefit from updates to the MXParser and MXSerializer
independently of Maven.

What do you think?

Benjamin