Aaron Digulla schrieb:
> Brian E. Fox schrieb:
>
>> I think it's safer to leave it at beta-6. Most people aren't expressing any
>> issues and if anyone has trouble, they can manually lock to beta-5. This is
>> safer than potentially downgrading everyone.
>
> beta-6 doesn't work for me at all. I suddenly get:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: The PluginDescriptor for the plugin
> Plugin [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin] was not found
>
> This error is definitely not true; I can see the file on disk and maven
> can read it (I can see that it resolves parent POMs from it in the debug
> log).

Here is the output from the log:

[DEBUG] maven-site-plugin: resolved to version 2.0-beta-6 from
repository central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::10 for project:
null:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-6 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::7 for
project: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:10 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::4 for project:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:7 from the repository.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The PluginDescriptor for the plugin Plugin
[org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin] was not found.
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The PluginDescriptor for the plugin
Plugin [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin] was not found.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:321)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:208)
[code]

As you can see, the plugin exists and the POM could be loaded. So what
is wrong in this case?

http://darkviews.blogspot.com/          http://www.pdark.de/