I wonder if it's worth posting these as a series under the developers
section of the Maven site?

Vincent and I had already put parts of this stuff onto [0] in a section
named "Some Pitfalls", together with a link to this mail thread. But I
agree, having all of this in a nicely formatted APT doc on the site is a
good idea.

I suggest we move the "Some Pitfalls" section out into a standalone document such that we can list it on the documentation index. If nobody else goes for this, it will need to wait some days until I get the next free time slice to merge and clean it up for proper presentation.

Benjamin

[0] http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html