On 18-Apr-08, at 7:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

On 19/04/2008, at 12:32 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

If this is the only one failing then it's a Maven problem and I'm going to merge in XBR to Plexus and then in Maven.

Can you elaborate on what this will facilitate in Maven?

Employing a more widely used DI mechanism (Geronimo, OpenEJB) that provides constructor injection, factory beans and full support for generics. I looked at Guice and XBean reflect. Guice cannot support what we do as it only does annotations, and Dain wanted to do the work in this first phase and Paul/Mauro will also help when we get to the next stage which is merging all of this with Pico. It's part of getting XBR, Pico, and Plexus all cooperating. XBR also seamlessly integrated in a completely non-invasive way which is pretty impressive. I didn't have to make a single change in Maven, and no one will have to make a single change in any Plexus component or Maven plugin which is really quite amazing. So we can go forward with many more features that XBR provides without violating any existing contracts. Dain just made it all work.

I'm frankly excited as it injects some new blood into the core of Maven. We'll now have Dain and David to help on very core issues, and when Pico enters the mix we'll have Paul and Mauro.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

-- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)