Nope, I'm doing everything with Dain and XBR which is entirely agnostic. At the core of XBR is a simple model called a recipe which describes how objects are supposed to be wired up. How you create recipes doesn't matter. So with Plexus Dain took the existing component descriptors and created the recipes which then tell XBR how to inject various components into other components, and how to configure components. The closest thing to it is Guice, but is not so hard-wired to Java5 annotations. I'm happy to allow a little more flexibility where Guice wants absolute certainty up-front and that's fine but it's certainly not the model I want for Plexus. The proof is in the pudding and XBR works great inside Plexus.