Brett Porter wrote:

I believe we should start to knock these off, and prepare for an alpha release as is, and wanted to see what others thought.

To cover the inevitable questions:

- Why release now?

163 fixes, 32 months since 2.0. 'Nuff said.

I would even make a 2.1-beta-1. Betas are by definition stable but not final - and should not be treated as RCs. Alphas on the other hand tend to less trusted by users - who are more reluctant to try them out or use them in commercial projects.

Cheers