On 30/06/2008, at 11:23 PM, Henri Gomez wrote:

I do a mvn clean and then mvn package and attached the log (pretty long sorry).
It's strange but it seems that build couldn't find may

It's the same problem I was working on recently, the embedder tests don't honour your settings, so they don't work with a clean local repository. I added some plugin definitions to the build itself to try and trigger it to download the right artifacts (eg, resources plugin 2.2) - do you have the latest SVN of trunk?

You can always manually get these plugins (eg mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.2:resources). It's only needed once for the local repository.

We do need to continue to make improvements so this isn't needed - it's quite a pain.

Hope that helps!

- Brett

Does it work if you build from outside the IDE?

The problem is here also outside IDE using maven 2.0.9
I'm using the latest Sun Java 1.5.

mvn clean then compile works but mvn package didn't (test problems)

I'm behind our company firewall, and we use an Archiva Repository
1.0.2 where the following proxy repository exist :

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Did we need more repositories or specials settings, I didn't see them
in the maven developpers documentations.

This looks correct (I use the same, with fewer), and can build with a clean
local repo now.

Good, so the problem is elsewhere.

Thanks for your help

Brett Porter