On 17-Jul-08, at 3:35 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

I've checked in my work so far on this. It's a pretty small and straightforward set of changes and it works for a project using signed artifacts and plugins. Of course, it gets very unhappy about the distinct lack of signatures in central on most projects.

I am going to look at creating a second repository on central that contains only signatures. I'll copy across the ones that already exist, and generate them using the shared "I trust the old repository" key. I'll have it mod_rewrite anything that isn't a detached signature to the old repo, so you can use the alternate URL as an "alternate", signed, central repo. It won't take up much space (which I'll verify) and I'll not be evolving the signatures at this time as it's just a prototype.

Any comments?

It's just a prototype. I say go for it and then write it up.

At the same time we have work in Mercury that myself, Oleg, Jesse, Greg, and Jan have worked on Mercury in a significant way. Shane is currently working on the new POM builder but he's got some working PGP work that will be integrated into Mercury as well. Once this work is done we will propose using that in 2.1 and I see Mercury becoming the defacto standard for dealing with Maven repositories.

But prototype away!

Cheers,
Brett