2008/7/31 Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Thanks for pushing this towards a release!
>
> +1 on promotion from sandbox
>
> -1 on release due to bad spelling of the file name of a public class. Fixed
> in svn r681499.

Ok, I will cancel this and do an other release.

> Also I have some questions, after reading the docs (I fixed some minor
> documentation issues in SVN).
> Disclaimer: I haven't used, or even tried to use, the component.
:-)

> I find the docs difficult to understand. Perhaps it is the order in which
> the parts are presented? Or perhaps there is something missing? I would like
> to have an introduction to what filtering is as the first paragraph on the
> index page.

The base concept is too have a common component for all plugins
(resources, war, ear, assembly etc...) which apply filtering on file
ressources.
Yes a large part of the code is coming from the resources plugin
(except now this component uses the plexus-interpolation component).
Plus some new features like automatic exclusions of file extensions
(images)  when filtering (this will prevent users to write extra lines
on the pom).

> The list (filters, project.filters, project.build.filters, pom.properties
> and mavenSession.executionProperties) on the index page doesn't tell me
> much. What are those: concepts, properties, files or classes?

List of properties file ( String -> path properties files )
pom.filters ( String -> path properties files )
pom.build.filters ( String -> path properties files )
pom.properties (Properties class)
mavenSession.executionProperties (Properties class)

NOTE : System.properties is never used.

>The second <pre> section on the usage page are difficult in a similar way.

It was just to described the object MavenResourcesExecution but the
javadoc should be enough.

> Is there a reason for this not being a beta release? IIUC the code comes
> from the Resources Plugin and is tried and tested in that way.

Yes and I have created a branch of the plugin which use this
component.
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/branches/MRESOURCES-56/)