Dennis Lundberg wrote:
This MINVOKER-43 issue seems to be hitting a lot of our projects. Is there something that's stopping us from releasing Maven Invoker 2.0.9 and Maven Invoker Plugin 1.2.1?

In JIRA there are only requests for new features left:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED/component/13271?selected=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:component-openissues-panel http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=11441&fixfor=-1

I'm going to go through the documentation for both, and try to learn what they do in the process. If there's nothing holding back their releases I'll start preparing them.

I'm just about finished going through the documentation now. Maven Invoker is OK, but for the plugin I have a couple of suggestions. Hopefully someone more familiar with the plugin can help out with these.

I'd like to see a directory layout of a project with one IT in it on the usage page, that matches with the configuration on that page. Many of the different concepts are described in the various examples, but I still can't "get" the big picture. I think a directory layout would help with this. This should include files like settings.xml, goals.txt, verify.bsh, pom.xml and build.log. Examples of the contents of goals.txt, pom.xml and build.log would also be good.

Also a step-by-step walk-through of what happens (related to this plugin) when you run 'mvn integration-test' would be a nice addition.

Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
Hi Wendy,

Olivier, would you be able to make the change you describe below on
the deploy plugin trunk?

The "small change" is to switch back to using the Install Plugin to stage the artifact under test into the IT repo. I hope Oliver doesn't mind that I went for this ;-)

Or can you explain how to reproduce the problem *without* doing a
release, so I can tell that what I'm adding to the pom fixes it?

Steps to reproduce the problem on maven-deploy-plugin trunk:
- Enable snapshot repo for the ITs, e.g. add apache.snapshots to the src/it/settings.xml
- Remove the execution of install:install-file I added in r681943
- Run "mvn clean verify"
- Check the target/its/mdeploy-45-test/build.log for this line
[DEBUG] maven-deploy-plugin: resolved to version 2.4-20080802.034406-6 from repository apache.snapshots
which should have been
[DEBUG] maven-deploy-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
if MINVOKER-43 wouldn't exist.

In other words, the IT is not testing your locally build artifact. This need not fail the tests as long as the snapshot erroneouly pulled in from remote is good/recent enough, but the IT remains broken.

Benjamin

Dennis Lundberg