This may have to do with some very inefficient code I had to put in to solve MNG-3530. It's doing interpolation of the build section of the POM per-plugin now, and restoring it to the dynamic state just after each plugin executes. This was necessary to allow modifications to the project instance happening during a plugin's execution to be seen in successive plugins.

The execution should be correct now, but unfortunately the design of the system prevented an efficient solution. If you would like to look over the code, it's in the MavenProject.calculateConcreteState(..), MavenProject.restoreDyanmicState(..), PluginManager.executeMojo(..), PluginParameterExpressionEvaluator.evaluate(..), and PluginManager.getReport(..) methods.

I'd love suggestions.

-john

Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hi,

John Casey wrote:
Hi,

Here's your daily dose of Maven 2.0.10! I've fixed the regressions
pointed out in RC4, and added integration tests to guard
against their
reintroduction. The new release candidate can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC
5/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC5

The release notes (again):

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=105
00&styleName=Html&version=14112

Please try it out and let me know if things go wrong.

Does someone else than me also notice a major performance decrease? If I
perform a build for our ~150 artifacts it takes with M2010RC5 ~3h while the
same task consumes about 40min with M209. Similar results when generating the
Eclipse projects.

- Jörg

John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)