On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We can call it whatever version. At this point I don't think it much
> matters.

I'd like to see the current trunk moved to a code-named branch, so
that we can make incremental improvements in 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.

In the current arrangement, we're stuck adding new features to what
should be patch releases of 2.0.x.  Import scope is one example.
Don's changes for parallel artifact download are another thing I'd
like to see go in, but that just feel too big for a 2.0.x version.

It's just a number, after all, but there are conventions around what
should change in a major/minor/patch release, and we're breaking with
them.

--
Wendy