No. That's no good. I want to be able to do this without people having to
modify their poms to work with this scheme.

The rewrite poms version would scan through the reactor projects, and
wherever a reactor project depends on a (different version) of another
reactor project, it would force the versions to match... so if there is a
dependencyManagement section in a parent pom that's in the reactor, it will
modify that so that the version is the version from the reactor.  If there
are no dependencyManagement sections, it will modify the dependency sections
directly... or perhaps add dependencyManagement sections to the appropriate
parent poms.

Remember that all these projects are only in the reactor because of an
aggregator pom.  They do not necessarily share a common parent pom.

What I'd also like is the ability to do these changes _on the fly_ without
modifying the pom files on disk, for the current run of maven... so that I
can proof the changes before writing to disk... this could be necessary for
performing an uber-suite release.

-Stephen