Arnaud HERITIER schrieb:

There's no toLines method with 4 args

This is true for the help mojo generated by maven-plugin-tools:2.4.2, version 2.4.3 will output the 4 arg methods. Just try it locally by switching versions in the Help Plugin's POM and compare the HelpMojo.

This clearly indicates that the reactor build used maven-plugin-plugin:2.4.2 instead of 2.4.3 as explicitly stated in the POM of maven-help-plugin

If you can convince me that it is a maven's core issue (which could explain
why we have it in the reactor and not in a simple build)

I guess it's
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3284

Benjamin