Hi there,

> > so far so good.
> > I have the following suggestions:
> >
> > 1. Also specify that the pom.filters are
> > in the order of their declaration in
> > the XML.
> They are not used (as they are not used in resources plugin 2.2 and
> adding filters as a child of the project element is not valid).

Are you talking about the fact, that I wrote "pom.filters".
I thought everybody would understand what I am talking about.
But yes you are right, it is
pom.xml/project/build/filters

Anyhow I still want to say that the order of the declaration
should be honored by maven!

> > 2. Resolve variables whenever they are requested.
> > What I mean is that I can do
> >
> > filter1.properties:
> > var1=Foo
> > var3=${var2}/Thing
> >
> > filter2.properties:
> > var2=${var1}-Bar
> >
> > So if I resolve ${var3} I get "Foo-Bar/Thing".
> >
> > That would be an excellent feature, since I am using
> > maven for deploying a large system and therefore
> > build it as multiple debian-packages with
> > seperation of application- and configuration-packages.
> > The configuration packages are build for
> > production as well as for 14 different
> > testing-environments. Various ports, hostnames, etc.
> > slightly differ in these environments. I could avoid
> > a lot of redundancies and daramtically simplify my
> > filters with the features described above.
> >
> > Do I need to file a JIRA ticket or is this enough
> > input?
> No because it already works (there is an it[1] for
> this in the resources plugin).

It seems to me you are a bit too quick with your
conclusions.

Maybe that your integration-test works. But the
feature I am talking about does NOT work.

See example:

pom.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- $Id: pom.xml 566 2008-07-25 19:51:37Z hohwille $ -->
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <name>test</name>
  <description>filtering test</description>

  <build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
      </resource>
    </resources>
    <filters>
      <filter>src/main/filters/filter1.properties</filter>
      <filter>src/main/filters/filter2.properties</filter>
    </filters>
  </build>
</project>

src/main/filters/filter1.properties: