Hi

I had a question about the maven-archetype-plugin and archetype- catalog.xml. Currently the plugin will check in ~/.m2/ for a local catalog if you use the -DarchetypeCatalog=local option. It would be nice if the plugin could also searched for the catalog in the global config dir much like the way Maven searches for the settings.xml file in the global conf dir and then in the users ~/.m2 directory. At work we package Maven along with a company standard settings.xml and I would like to do the same thing with the archetype catalog.

I'd be happy to open a JIRA ticket and submit a code patch but I wanted to run this by the dev list first to see if this fits in with the plugins future direction.

Thanks for your time

Chris