A few quick ones...

On 11/11/2008, at 7:27 AM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

** code quality range per repository is introduced

Nice. Does this mean staging vs release, or is it keeping alpha/beta or QA/test separate from final release?

* POM interpretation for these repositories defaults to maven- mercury component in a branch of maven-3.0-SN that in turn uses ProjectBuilder to do it

Has there been any work to write this out to a new format that is already resolved to site alongside the original pom artifact?

1. prove the correctness of the new resolver by running it side by side with current resolver and comparing results

It seems you've already done the same, but I wrote a tool several months ago to help with that if you need it: http://markmail.org/message/h2p3fywavi6utlnu
I already ran it against central once and had some interesting results.

2. switch several plugins to use mercury for resolution
2.1 dependency plugin
?? .. open for suggestions

I commented in the JIRA, but I think this should only live on a branch until Mercury is final. It can be a good way to test Mercury, but shouldn't get into a release. We have this bad cultural habit of getting stuck in alphas otherwise :)

This week I am working on the comparison code - [1.] and will publish results as I get them. I will also tackle 2.1 as it closely relates to this work.

Let me know if you need a hand with this.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter